My work straddles both representation and abstraction.
Every week I paint models in an art club or paint landscape en plein aire.
This discipline of observation helps me understand the interaction of forms in nature and helps me create those paintings
from imagination. Because I learnt Chinese ink painting and Western oil painting technique at the same time,
reconciling both worlds' aesthetics has always been my goal.
Regardless of whether the painting is from observation or imagination,
I mainly concentrate on using my Chinese sensibility to express the beauty and tranquility of nature.
- Graduated from Toronto School of Art Diploma Program, Toronto, Ontario
- 2013 June "Parallel to Nature" Cedar Ridge Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
- 2012 Sept. "Space-Making" Hangman Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
- 2011 May   "Reflections" Cedar Ridge Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
- 2009 March "Contemplation" Cedar Ridge Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
- 2008 July "No Boundaries" Kathleen Gormley McKay Art Centre, Unionville, Ontario
- 2008 April "Ever-Changing" TSA Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
- 2013 Best Landscape award, Willowdale Group of Artist, Toronto, Ontario
- 2010 Best Figure award, Willowdale Group of Artist, Toronto, Ontario
- 2005 Best Still-life award, Willowdale Group of Artist, Toronto, Ontario
Dream of Loveliness - 15x30
Scarborough Bluffs in Autumn #1 - 14x18
Soothing Blue - 24x30